Sunday 16 November 2008

God Bless the Main Event...okay, maybe not but it was a good night...

Apple Bottom Jeans - $20 (they were on sale, lol);
6 Pack of Corona - $12;
Cab to the pub - $8;
Hanging out with the best friends anyone could ask for - Priceless.

====

We danced, we laughed and we had one hell of a good time. No drama, no big adventures. There was nothing but a couple of beer and good band that made us dance like no one was watching. It's such a treat to be in the company of people you know love you no matter what and have stood by you through all the bullshit that keeps popping up in your life, regardless of what it is. Maggpie and Miama weren't down from Hali but I know they would've been dancing right with us if they were. It's amazing how through hard times, tragedy and loss we all come together, we all work together to make sure each one of us is going to be alright.
====
Let's see, what did my night consist of? Here's the list:
  • Having a Corona/Rev/Mojo/Bacardi fuelled hen session with girls.
  • Hitting some loser in the back of the head (long story about that one that we're not getting into, right Miss. Neighbour?)
  • Meeting a married tattoo artist who wants to not only finish my arm but apparently sleep with me too....uhm, no way, sorry man I'm not that kind of girl.
  • Running away to a pool hall with Jenny from the Block and meet people who knew me as "the girl who their friend went out as for Hallowe'en".
  • Going back to the pub to dance more, have one more beer and corner another neighbour by a speaker system while trying to escape the crazy humping dancing dude.
  • Going for a slice and spilling way too much information to my neighbours about things they probably just didn't want or need to know.

====

The night was interesting to say the least and I'm really glad I went out. I wasn't going to go since I was cranky, upset and overly emotional yesterday but now that I look back, I needed that escape. Oh man, what a night. All I can do is shake my head and smile. I don't want a lot of those nights but once in a while is good. We all need time to be stupid and last night I took the time to just be stupid and enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on...let me know what you think... or just follow me on twitter @blueallieboo and rant to me there ;)