Saturday 14 March 2009

Halifax, Europe & Welcome Change

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, a lot of wondering and daydreaming and half-assed planning.  I’ve decided to move away to another city which is an approximate five-hour drive away from where I am now.  Big move.  If I remember correctly, I half-assed blogged about it not that long ago.  Well, now it’s coming on crunch time, packing time and the real planning is starting to commence.  I’ve started eating paper and dye so I can shit money so I able to do this.  It’ll come together though, I know it will because I’m fighting for it.  I don’t really fight for too much but this is one thing that has become exponentially important to me.

Tomorrow the plan is to attack the closets and go through the unopened boxes from the last move.  To take out all the junk and things that we can live without and get rid of it, repack it and tape it back up.  I plan on my living room looking like Box Valhalla by Wednesday.  Even if we can’t get our asses out of here until June, I want to be ready.

Oh the planning!!  Not only am I planning this giant move, (can anyone drive a U-Haul??)  Maggpie and I were talking the other night and have decided to plan a vacation.  We’re not doing the usual sunbather vacation and heading south to Cabo or Mexico, Cuba or Jamaica; we’re going to Europe.  It’s a toss up between Italy and Greece but I think we may be able to figure out a way to do both. 

I feel like a little kid when I think of it.  I become almost breathless at the idea of seeing the Parthenon, the Acropolis, the Sistine Chapel and all things Italian and Greek – including the men.  Oh my.  I dare say that I really am going for the culture, the history and the ability to stand on the cornerstone of modern civilization.  Of course, a friend of mine very politely told me that “no single woman comes to Europe without romance on her mind”.  He may very well be speaking the truth, we’ll see.

So, you see my excitement?  Not only am I planning a completely life altering move for my family and getting the babies and I away from drama, bullshit, gossip, lies, rumours, Jell-O trees and insanity to go and live in anonymity within a quiet neighbourhood but also starting the planning of a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to Europe.  I’m bouncing and giggling for all of it!!

I am losing all concentration on this entry, I can’t even write anymore tonight ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on...let me know what you think... or just follow me on twitter @blueallieboo and rant to me there ;)